Name Correction in Birth Certificate
If your child name entered wrong in the birth certificates (like pet names, spelling mistakes), the name can be corrected as per the name entered in the admission register of the concerned school. For correcting the Birth Certificate you should follow the below procedure.
· Approach the Local Birth Registrar of the concerned Local Self Government Institutions i.e. Secretaries of Grama Panchayats and Registrars of Municipalities and Corporations.
· For this the parents have to submit an affidavit stating the reasons why the wrong name entered in the Birth Register.
· In case of child is major he/she has to submit the application.
· To remit from punishment, Rs.500/- to be paid as compounding fee.
· The name will be corrected as same as in the school certificate and not as entered in any other documents.